What Indeed are Shared Hosting Solutions?
A shared hosting service entails depositing and/or sharing particular content on a web server managed by a shared hosting company. There are various sorts of hosting services used for different goals, so let's have a peek at them. Thus, you can choose what you need, based on whether you'd like to run a website, email address accounts, or to share files with mates and partners.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by various hosts, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file hosting plans are often supported by exhibiting ads by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a given spell of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud shared hosting". This is a thoroughly untrue interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud shared hosting system would distribute the tasks at hand between separate bunches of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different shared hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a kind of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share a huge quantity of images with buddies or colleagues since the solution is commonly free. You will get a random link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to taking care of your email accounts. Some corporations provide shared hosting services for sites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to own an email address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a web site, then the email shared hosting service is what you require. You can set up mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domain. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video generates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video files and several hundred site viewers, you may have trouble with your shared hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will allow you to administer as many video clips as you wish without worrying about system quotas.
- Shared hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to possess a site. To some degree, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting variants since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and e-mail aliases, upload videos, and so on. At you can have a look at shared shared hosting and dedicated server accounts that allow you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one location. There may be limitations based on the sort of shared hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared website hosting account, a virtual private servers or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your shared hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are devised for specific content only.